About Me

My photo
Peterborough, United Kingdom
My name is Nicola and for years, I have been making cupcakes and sweet treats for birthdays and special occasions. I also have a huge passion for afternoon tea and love hosting parties.

Monday 5 December 2011

Christmas afternoon tea party

My favourite time of year has come round again - so quickly! Everyone was excited with the thought of festive themed treats and we were set to have a great turn out with 35 people set to attend. The hall, luckily was already decorated beautifully for Christmas with its tree and swags. I decided to use round tables with each table having its own cake stand of delights, which worked really well.



The menu included a selection of festive sandwiches with mums homemade mini quiches, traditional scones, mini gingerbread man, Christmas cake, mini trifles, mince pies, mint truffles and a cupcake that was painstakingly decorated as a Christmas present!


And to top off the afternoon after all that tea, a glass of mulled wine warmed everyone up before venturing out in the cold. All in all, I loved this tea and with Christmas carols in the background, I think everyone had a great time.


This afternoon deserves a photo album all to itself so see further down for more pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment